Generations for Labradoodles & Goldendoodles
A quick lesson on the generations of Goldendoodles and Labradoodles.
First Generations: F1
- F1 is a puppy from a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle or a Golden Retriever and a Poodle.
- A Labrador breeds with a Poodle.
- A Golden Retriever breeds with a Poodle
- F1B is a puppy with a from a F1 and or a Multigenerational parent and a Poodle parent.
- Breeding a F1 Labradoodle to a Poodle
- Breeding a F1 Goldendoodle to a Poodle
- F3 is produced by crossing the F1B or F2 Doodle with another F1B or F2 Doodle.
Multigenerational is a puppy with parents from either Labradoodles or Goldendoodles with 3 or more documented generations.
A multigenerational Australian Labradoodle is a puppy with both parents who are Australian Labradoodles.
- Miniature: The average size for a Miniature Labradoodle is between 14 to 17 inches and 15 to 30 pounds.
- Medium: The Medium Labradoodle should be 18 to 20 inches high for a male and 17 to 21 inches high for a female, with both weighing from 30 to 45 pounds.
- Standard: The Standard Labradoodle should be 22 to 24 inches in height for a male and 21 to 26 inches in height for a female, while both can range in weight from 45 to 65 pounds.